Lumbar pillow is a specialized type of orthopedic pillow that provides effective support for the lower back when you’re sitting. A lumbar pillow is a very simple item that gives very powerful results. Lumbar pillow: Half-moon shaped pillow used at the lower back to comfort and relief lumbar pain and keep a correct sitting-down position. Likewise, they are used underneath knees for leg elevation and as a neck support for relax and massage.
Choosing the right lumbar pillow for your needs is vital to ensuring you stay free of annoying back pain. There are many different types of lumbar pillow on the market made of various types of fabric and filling to give you just the right support. A good lumbar pillow should be solid enough to support your lower back properly while also having enough give to be comfortable.
- Memory foam pillow. Using the same type of material that is famous for memory foam mattresses, these pillows conform easily to your back and provide good support while also being very comfortable to use. Memory foam bounces right back after being used so that it does not wear down easily and can be used by multiple people without losing its shape. A memory foam lumbar pillow is a good choice for just about any need. It works great in the car as well as in any sort of chair. It also makes a great travel pillow for airplanes.
- Buckwheat filled pillow. The buckwheat hull filling conforms easily to the back and you can even adjust the amount of filling on some of the models available to suit your needs. Buckwheat also breathes easily, making these pillows comfortable to use without overheating the back.
- An inflatable lumbar pillow .These pillow is a good option for someone who travels a lot and needs a pillow that won’t take up much space and is easy to carry around. These pillows can also be inflated to just the right comfort level for your personal preferences. They can be deflated for easy packing and carrying in a purse or briefcase.
Most lumbar pillow is wedge shaped and will fit the normal space between your back and a chair. However, there are also a wide variety of other shapes that will cater to different body sizes and seat sizes. There is lumbar pillow that are packaged into a roll. This will allow you to unroll the cushion to the size that fits your back perfectly. There is also lumbar pillow that come with side wings that are perfect for long travels and which will prevent your body from bending as you sleep during travel. These lumbar pillow also work great with head support cushions which fit into your head and neck to keep your upper body from slumping during long travels.
You can buy lumbar pillow on the store or shop online. Lumbar pillow could be one of the smartest investments you’ll ever make. Because lumbar pillow is easy to move around so you can use in your home, car or office.
Do your leg, always felt tired when doing activity? You must make your leg relax with leg raiser cushion. This cushion designed to support tired legs and feet when lying down in bed. The memory foam will give the cushion extra comfort. The ripple cushion surface follows the shape of your legs for maximum support and elevates your legs and supports the back of the knees and heels, allowing the calf muscles and legs to relax. Leg raiser cushion is also recommended for circulation problem, lymphatic drainage and circulation, varicose veins, water retention, pre-natal and post-natal symptoms, phlebitis, cramping of the calves, excess weight.
leg raiser cushion
This cushion have a few advantages, among other:
- They can improves circulation and will bring welcome relief for aching legs and circulatory difficulties.
- They is ergonomically-designed to support swollen legs.
- They is ideal for use In a bed or flat surface.
- This cushion is hypo-allergenic, dust mite resistant, super hygienic and anti-microbial, as it does not support organic growth and germs from nesting in the cushion, so is ideal for asthma and other allergy sufferers.
- This cushion cover is easy to clean.
The leg raiser is also for expecting women, perfect to relax the sciatic pain of maternity, ideal for those persons that have to work on their feet for long period of time. You can buy this cushion at the stores or check at shops online like ebay.com.
If you want a bolster can help get you comfortable and relax, that is a massage bolster pillow. Massage bolster is specifically designed for the needs of body work therapists. They are firmer than regular bed pillows or decorative bolster. Bolster pillow can alleviate pressure, improve body alignment and make it easier to breathe and other benefits. This pillow is protected by a vinyl covering that make them easier to clean and prevent to contamination from body fluids, oils and lubricants.
massage bolster pillow
They have two different size, that is:
This bolster can provide more support in area such as under the knees.
This bolster provides only about half as much height, can support smaller areas such as under the neck in a supine position.
If you use bolster pillow,you will have greater versatility and support than bed pillow. This bolster is lightweight you can bring it anywhere. You can choose the style and color like red, blue, green, black, purple and many more. You can buy this pillow at the stores or check at shops online like ebay.com. Massage bolster pillow is surely can give a better treatment.
Coccyx cushion for coccyx pain relief. A range of quality foam coccyx cushion with a coxix shaped cut out to prevent direct seating pressure on the delicate coccyx (tailbone) with those suffering with coccydynia . Extensively used to alleviate the painful symptoms of a bruised, damaged coccyx, the unique design also improves general posture which in turn counteracts our natural inclination to slouch when seated, which is one of the primary reasons associated with lower back and often coccyx pain.
Coccyx cushion is used to eliminate pressure from your coccyx or tailbone and to provide a natural posture by realigning the spine. This cushion is especially useful for driving as it can be used as a car seat cushion to alleviate pressure on the lower spinal discs and tailbone as you drive long distances.
A coccyx cushion designed for sitting should be one that can be easily transported, as most individuals with this ailment take the supportive pillow with them to the office and in the car. Because they can be inexpensively purchased, you may wish to buy more than one so they can be left in the areas where the most sitting takes place. Examples of this would include the office, a car, or at a dining room chair. Inflatable cushions also exist in the event you travel often by plane on a regular basis.
There are many types, shapes, materials and sizes of coccyx cushions available and you can choose one depending on your specific requirement.
- Memory foam coccyx cushion is made of visco-elastic memory foam. This type of foam has greater density than normal foams and there provides excellent contouring. Coccyx cushion made of memory foam exactly shapes and molds to your body shape providing maximum comfort. Being sensitive to temperature, memory foam coccyx cushion regain their shape instantly. They are durable and long lasting and provide enhanced continued comfort.
- Gel coccyx cushion use a layer of foam with a gel cushion. The soft gel portion is useful in pressure and weight distribution and the foam portion offers great stability.
- The air coccyx cushion on the other hand comes with a layer of air that helps reduce pressure. This cushion can be made firm or soft by adjusting the amount of air. Air cushions are ideal for short term use and are the most portable cushion types.
- Ring cushions come in a different shape. They help reduce pain in the coccyx resulting from symptoms such as bruising, enlarged prostrates and hemorrhoids
Because these coccyx cushion come in many shapes, sizes, and levels of firmness you will want to make sure it will be a good fit for your needs. Relieve stress on your coccyx area and be seated comfortably for a long period of time with the help of high quality coccyx cushion.
The knee pillow is an orthopedic pillow designed to ease pain in the back, hip, and knee areas. Knee pillow is most commonly used for side sleepers. This type of sleeping device helps to open the hips, keeps the knees separated, encourages circulation, and keeps stress off the spine and lower back.
Most memory foam knee pillows are rectangular or shaped like an hour glass. An hourglass shaped knee pillow tends to stay between the legs overnight, because of how it curves to the general shape of your knees and legs. A rectangular pillow does not have the advantage, so some knee pillows are available with a fabric strap, which is fastened around one leg to keep the knee pillow in place. Memory foam is on type of support pillow made from a product called Memory foam. Memory foam is made from a material that increases its density and thickness. It has properties that allow it to outline the shape of your body exactly.
There 4 options for knee pillow:
- Body pillow: This is a long knee pillow for sleeping that can be used to cradle the knee when you’re sleeping on your side, or to open the hip with the leg flopped over when you’re sleeping on your back.
- Hourglass shape pillow: This pillow is designed to contour to the shape of your body and will easily stay in place between the knees. These pillows are often made of memory foam and are good for support.
- Knee wedge pillow: This is a pyramid shaped pillow that could be for back sleepers who want their knees elevated with a gradual incline.
- Regular pillow: Another option is to use a normal pillow as a knee pillow by wedging it between the legs or folding it in half.
Benefit from knee pillow:
- Knee pillows efficiently help side sleepers avoid complications and painful conditions.
- Knee pillow also prevent swelling, increased muscle tension, and pressure on the back.
- Knee pillow enhance the circulation in the feet and calves.
- Knee pillow are even recommended by health professionals because they can help post surgical patients avoid unpleasant complications.
The good quality sleep is something you should never assume as trivial thing, since it contributes greatly to the overall health and fitness. Special for your knee, you are suggested to choose the knee pillow in ergonomic design that will provide the great ideal spinal alignment. Knee pillow can improve the quality of your sleep and your whole well being.