Papasan chair cushions very popular during the 1960’s and 1970’s, papasan chairs have made a comeback. Cozy, comfortable and stylish, papasan chair cushions are available in many shapes, styles, fabrics and colors. A papasan chair cushions are a large circular chair cushion that fits in a papasan chair frame. Sometimes papasans are sold with cushions and other times they are sold with a variety of available cushions that are purchased separately. Cushions may wear out or get dirty too, and they can require replacement after a time. While some people are able to extend the life of the cushion by covering it with washable cushion covers, others need to start fresh with a new cushion.
Like any type of upholstered furniture, papasan chair cushions are available in various different levels of quality and comfort.
- Single seat papasan chair cushions are typical round and can range in size from small to large. Most often seen in a bowl shape, single seat papasan chairs and cushions make a great place to curl up and relax.
- Double papasan chair cushions are sometimes referred to as papasan loveseats. Designed for two people, these comfortable chairs are perfect for sharing space with a favorite friend.
- Another popular papasan chair cushions style is the rocker recliner which combines a rattan or bamboo frame and a papasan style cushion. When combined with a papasan ottoman or footrest, papasan rocking chairs offer great comfort and style. The frames for papasan rocking chairs are most often made from the same materials as papasan chairs.
Types of materials for papasan chair cushions really vary. Some have lush velvet covering, but other are made of chintz, linen, heavy cotton and et cetera. Buying cushion covers can expand design possibilities. As mentioned, washable covers may definitely be helpful in homes where papas an chair cushions get much use. These are especially practical in homes with pets that have furniture access.
Papasan Chair Cushions
When choosing a quality papasan chair cushion, there are several things to look for to make you are getting good value for your money.
- Fabric colors and patterns for papasan chair cushions are almost endless but the proof is in the quality of the cover material and inner batting.
- Thicker is usually better when it comes to papasan chair cushions so look for cushions that are at least five to six inches thick.
- Thinner papasan chair cushions may be less expensive but not nearly as comfortable.
One advantage of papasan chair cushions is that it can be easy to find variants that are suitable for outdoor use, for example cushioning made purely of spun polyester. Assuming the base can hold up to being kept outdoors as well, papasan chair cushions can make good furniture for outdoors as well as indoors.