Long pillows are pillow that is often placed in bed under the normal pillow. The good thing about long pillows are that they can be used for a variety of purposes. You can use long pillows for supporting your head during sleep like regular pillows. The advantage of using long pillows in place of regular pillows is that it runs the entire width of your bed, which ensures uniform support to your head irrespective of your sleeping posture.
Long pillows are usually filled with duck feather or down. At times, they also contain fiber or foam. Some pillows are designed to mold according to your body shape. This helps release tension in the neck and upper back. The casing of long pillows is also made of various kinds cloth. Usually a soft cloth can be washed and used.
Long pillows have also come to be used for decorative purposes. Especially tubular shaped pillows are used for adornment of beds or couches. Decorative long pillows usually have casings made of silk, satin, or velvet. Available in a variety of colors, you can buy the ones that go with the color of other furniture items, hangings, or walls of your rooms.
Long pillows can be used for those who suffer from back of neck injury. To avoid injury to the long-needed extra pillows.
Long pillows this kind include:
- Shoulder and neck support pillows are available in many various styles. Some are regular pillow sizes with extra support along the long sides, having a hollow in the middle for your head. They are available in memory foam or regular foam configurations. Others are easy, straight rolls positioned under your neck, close to the base of the skull, where they serve as acupressure, relieving strain in your neck. Nevertheless other people are U-shaped so you can position the base of the U below your neck and rest your head against either facet. The directly and U-shaped rolls are both versatile for other affected areas and simple to carry whenever you travel.
- Water pillows are regular pillow-size casings filled with water and covered with standard pillow cases. Like their counter part water beds, they supply exactly the firm support needed by your head and shoulders, no matter what size and shape you are.
- Buckwheat hull pillows provide similar support for neck, head, and shoulders, but with tiny buckwheat hulls instead than water. They are available in standard sizes so you can use your own pillow cases to cover them.
- Sleeping body pillows are lengthy and narrow to supply support for shoulders, knees, hips, and back. By providing a soft but firm surface area for resting your arm and leg through out the pillow, they promote much better shoulder, hip, and spine alignment. This serves to improve circulation and decrease tension on the spine and lower back by distributing fat across a broader surface area and relieving compression on the lower parts of your body when you sleep on one side
- Pregnancy pillow location the greatest support under that growing belly. As pregnant women know, sleeping in your correct side is recommended but difficult, after only a few months, without having correct support. Sleeping soundly is hardest toward the end, but that’s when you need the best sleep to become prepared for birth and the demands of a new baby. Pregnancy pillows sustain proper circulation by supporting crucial places as you sleep.
Long pillows there is a wide range of forms according to your needs, so long pillows insert in your list now