The knee pillow is an orthopedic pillow designed to ease pain in the back, hip, and knee areas. Knee pillow is most commonly used for side sleepers. This type of sleeping device helps to open the hips, keeps the knees separated, encourages circulation, and keeps stress off the spine and lower back.
Most memory foam knee pillows are rectangular or shaped like an hour glass. An hourglass shaped knee pillow tends to stay between the legs overnight, because of how it curves to the general shape of your knees and legs. A rectangular pillow does not have the advantage, so some knee pillows are available with a fabric strap, which is fastened around one leg to keep the knee pillow in place. Memory foam is on type of support pillow made from a product called Memory foam. Memory foam is made from a material that increases its density and thickness. It has properties that allow it to outline the shape of your body exactly.
There 4 options for knee pillow:
- Body pillow: This is a long knee pillow for sleeping that can be used to cradle the knee when you’re sleeping on your side, or to open the hip with the leg flopped over when you’re sleeping on your back.
- Hourglass shape pillow: This pillow is designed to contour to the shape of your body and will easily stay in place between the knees. These pillows are often made of memory foam and are good for support.
- Knee wedge pillow: This is a pyramid shaped pillow that could be for back sleepers who want their knees elevated with a gradual incline.
- Regular pillow: Another option is to use a normal pillow as a knee pillow by wedging it between the legs or folding it in half.
Benefit from knee pillow:
- Knee pillows efficiently help side sleepers avoid complications and painful conditions.
- Knee pillow also prevent swelling, increased muscle tension, and pressure on the back.
- Knee pillow enhance the circulation in the feet and calves.
- Knee pillow are even recommended by health professionals because they can help post surgical patients avoid unpleasant complications.
The good quality sleep is something you should never assume as trivial thing, since it contributes greatly to the overall health and fitness. Special for your knee, you are suggested to choose the knee pillow in ergonomic design that will provide the great ideal spinal alignment. Knee pillow can improve the quality of your sleep and your whole well being.