French pillows can make an excellent accent for your bedroom or even other areas of the home. Just throw them in an organized pile on the bed, on a couch, in the corner, or on a chair. With many shapes, styles, and colors to choose from, you are bound to find a place for them in your home. Decorating with french pillows adds a creative element to any room. The french pillows come in a variety of colors, designs, and materials.
French pillows ideas include natural patterns such as flowers, bees, birds and roosters to name a few. French pillows contains a natural and rustic appeal. It includes natural colors that can be seen such as red, orange, yellow, gold, green, and cornflower blue with hints of lavender mixed in. French pillows style offers a relaxing environment that sets very few rules when it comes to decorating. With this style, a plaid pillow may be next to a toile pillow and yet it works with the overall style of the room.
There are several styles and designs for French pillows decorating:
- Needlepoint pillows are the most common ones used french pillows decorating. There is a wide range of items or designs stitched into the pillow, with the rooster as the most popular. These pillows will have a main item stitched onto the front of the pillow with a beautiful floral, plaid or paisley background. Some other common items, besides the rooster, stitched onto needlepoint pillows are:bunnies, hens, swans, leaves, fruit, vineyards, churches, farmers.
- Toile pillows are very popular in french pillows decor. The pillows have an off-white or beige background that contains a pattern or repeating scene in a cornflower blue color. Although blue is the classic color, toile pillows are seen in red and green as well. The scene or pattern on the pillow is reminiscent of the countryside just as the needlepoint pillows are. They contain the same kind of pictures and motifs.
- Black and white pillows fit into a modern french pillows theme. The pillows usually have a black and white design on the front such as a floral or paisley and then the back is all black. The front of the pillow could also be a scene from the countryside just like the toile pillows.
Decorative french pillows can be made from many type of materials. These materials include cotton, silk, linen and even burlap. Some pillows are plain with 4 corners while some country french pillows have tassles. If the french pillows are mainly for decoration then the material doesn’t matter too much. On the other hand, if the pillows are going to be used, you may not want a burlap pillow.
French pillows can be used in a variety of ways to room decor:
- The most basic use is placing them on couches and chairs in the living or family room.
- Toss the pillows as decorative items on a bed in the master bedroom or the guest room.
- When using the pillows in basic places as the bed or the couch, select pillows that are varying in size and color. This gives off a good contrast and makes it more interesting and visually appealing.
- Fill a large wicker basket full of the pillows and place the basket on the floor in the corner of a room.
- These pillows look great sitting on a window bench in a living room or a bedroom. The wood and the design go together perfectly.
- Use a large pillow as a doorstop for any door in the home.
- Utilize large pillows as extra seating on the floor. Store them under a coffee table or in a large basket so they can be a decoration as well.
- Place small pillows on side tables or on shelves as knick-knack items.
If you are decorating you home with new pillows, you can save money with an Conventional Refinance Rates.
French pillows are an accessory that you can use to add layers of color and texture to a room. French pillows are available at many antique stores and boutiques.